Requirements & Fees
Lucky Farms Animal Rescue makes every attempt to match the right dog with the right family.
Please read the requirements below before applying. Applications that don’t meet requirements or with incomplete data WILL NOT be processed. Make sure your vet has permission to release records.
1. All pets (dogs & cats) in your home MUST be appropriately spayed/neutered according to age and breed unless medically ill-advised.
2. All pets (includes cats), past and current, MUST be historically up-to-date on core VACCINATIONS (rabies and parvo/distemper) AND dogs continuously on HEARTWORM PREVENTATIVE (*requires yearly testing to dispense/prescription to purchase elsewhere). Yearly titer testing is acceptable in place of vaccinations.
3. When contacted, please reply within 24 hrs to the email, text or phone call you have received or your application will not be considered. Be sure to check your spam.
4. Understand that an adoption/foster is not a quick process.
5. Some dogs have more applications than others and it could be a week or longer before first contact.
6. You MUST be able to travel with your dog(s) to the foster home to pick up your adopted dog. Exceptions may be made for senior and special needs dogs.
7. Please be sure to check your spam or junk folder for communication from a volunteer.
8. Make sure your vet(s) has permission to release your records to Lucky Farms Animal Rescue.
9. Adopters are not chosen on a first come, first served basis; Please take your time to fill out the application in its entirety. Applications with incomplete data will not be processed.
10. Applications that do not meet our requirements will not be processed.